Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Third Place Rocks!



Some of you might be aware that I entered the 3-Day Novel Contest over the 2009 Labour Day Weekend. And that I survived, which I consider an achievement all by itself.

Now I’ve won third place for “Alice’s Adventures with Welsh Zombies”! Hurray!

I am SO doing this contest again in September!

If you’re interested in knowing a little more about Welsh Zombies:

Alice’s Adventures with Welsh Zombies is a modern fantasy novel. Alice and her partner, Welly, are flying to Wales to stop a zombie outbreak and save the annual Bog Snorkeling Championships. Unfortunately, unbeknownst to them, one of their co-workers has smuggled his favourite zombie onto the plane. Now the zombie infection is spreading, and they’re 25,000 feet in the air.

I’m currently rewriting my novel, as sleep deprivation over that long weekend led to some interesting violations of time and space. Airplanes flip over and bullets vanish, which would have been great if that’s what I’d intended. But since it’s not, I need to get in there and start editing with a vengeance.

And start planning for the next 3-Day Novel Contest!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations,and best wishes for the next contest. Hind

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is that!!! I sure can see you being a winner in your writings that is for sure. Congratulations Victoria!! So cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! and CONGRATULATIONS! Third place out of 460 entrants--that's certainly something to be pleased about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! I thrive on encouragement!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so thrilled, can't wait to read it lady Vikki!

    ReplyDelete